View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 07:46 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I finished this book too. I enjoyed it for being different and not a typical European colonialism plot line. I think it met the theme for the month very well. I wasn’t sure where all the individual stores where headed but liked how the paths all collided in the last part. I think the difficulty that I had was that the story was so long and winding that I found it difficult to keep track of all the characters. When I got to the last part I had to use the search function on my Kindle to look up the names and revisit the characters’ stories. Maybe that was because it took me so long to read the book because I had to put it aside when my library borrow ran out and wait for it on hold again to finish.

I read an interview by the author that talked about how she integrated storytelling oral tradition into the story, but I can’t find it now. Ugh. I will keep looking.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote