View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 02:47 AM   #14
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burktross View Post
I spoke to B&N support and it really seems like the Glowlight 3 is the black sheep of the glowlight family... Any troubleshooting instructions they provided to me pertained to either the original Glowlight or the new Glowlight Plus, yet nothing was ever for the Glowlight 3-- least of all the firmware. They couldn't even tell me where to find the Glowlight 3's serial number!
They fumbled the release of the Glowlight 3. Though there is 8GB of storage onboard, at release, only 2.5GB was available for sideloaded content. A terrible idea and they got backlash immediately.

They released a firmware update that swapped partitions, so now the 3 has 5GB of storage for sideloading. But I believe that is where the bugs come from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burktross View Post
Frankly, for as old as the Nook brand is, it really should have more stable software by now. This is a little silly.
I have a Glowlight 3 and a 2015 Glowlight Plus and they run near-identical firmware (the 2015 Plus doesn't have color adjusting frontlight) and the Plus is very stable. The Plus also never had partitioned memory.

The 3 is buggy. Though I have had nowhere near the problems you've had.

I will say though that I am fond of my Nooks. I wish the firmware had some of Kobo's bells and whistles, but I do like the UI and reading on my Nooks is a pleasure.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote