View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 02:06 PM   #19
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by PieOPah View Post
On average it takes me about 2 hours to scan an entire book.
100 pages in 20 minutes is the average time I do.

Quote:
The biggest problem then is correcting the mistakes... While there are few mistakes on the whole, ABBY Reader still like to highlight hundreds of things it believes might be errors (most of which aren't!!!) That part of the process takes several hours (which I do in batches when I ave the time).
Personally, I just can't stand doing it in FineReader. Generally I just produce a HTML file, convert it to LRF and put it into my Reader. Then I read the book normally, bookmarking every page with errors. When I have some 20-30 pages marked, I go through the them again, correcting the HTML file.

While this approach does take its time, it seems a lot more efficient than correcting in FR - I would have wanted to read the book anyway, so that time would be spent in any case. Basically, it only costs me the time to go through the bookmarked pages and correcting their errors.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote