View Single Post
Old 11-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #62
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
My Kobo Aura One is updated to 4.24 from 4.1 (yes very old and big step).
For the plugins we are talking about, the Kobo firmware version won't matter. I have been using them with all my Kobo devices and every Kobo firmware version for a lot longer than version 4.1.
Quote:
Settings of several plugins are already adjusted by me, as the type of the kobo device changed from «kobo touch...« to kobo aura one».
I'm not sure what you mean here. The KoboTouch driver is the one that sets the name to be displayed for Kobo device. In very old versions of calibre, all Kobo devices would have just appeared as "Kobo Touch" or something like that. I changed to driver to use the model names a long time ago. Definitely before the Aura ONE came out. And even then, updating the firmware would not change this.
Quote:
Only the following two plugins still seems not to work but work perfect for old kobo version.
1) smart eject: I do not have any setting. Only like the big icon for ejection. But it do nothing anymore.
2) reading list deleting books from device. Adding books works perfect, after changing the device type as mentioned above. The settings for delete-from-device is «any device». The sync still clear the list but do not remove the book from device.
You might be hitting a problem with how the Reading List plugin identifies the device. This is based on an identifier in the file "driveinfo.calibre" that calibre puts into the root directory of the device. If this is removed, it will be regenerated and the identifier changed. The plugin will then not recognise the device. You can check this with the device connected. Go to the Devices tab and look in the list for you device. If it has an icon in the "Status" column, then the device has been identified properly. If it doesn't, the "Add connected device" button should be enabled. Pressing that button will add the device to the list. And you might want to delete older version to prevent future confusion.

After that, you will need to change the selected device for the actual lists. Or, change it to "*Any device" if you want all your devices to have the same list. I suspect that the delete-from-device list is configured that way.

And to answer one of @JimmXinu, firmware 4.24 is a month or so old. It was working fine here with on all my devices and with calibre. But, 4,25 was released a few days ago. Again, it is working fine with calibre.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote