View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 08:09 PM   #26
Pulpmeister
Wizard
Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulpmeister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the comments Doitsu.

I assume the red highlight is the error, which is obviously the links colours. So long as the epub actually works, it's OK by me. I don't have any professional ebook tools, as you can tell. I know nothing of Java, which seems to be a necessary skill for epubcheck, and I can only do limited correcting work in html code. I know Word produces ugly html, but it's the only method I have.

And on the second point, I personally prefer to work with a single html document, rather than twenty or thirty of them. Simplifies my life no end when creating the links. It takes me about 15-20 minutes to massage the single html file from the time it's created by Word, to the time I load it into Calibre.

I have tried, way back in the past, some dedicated ebook producing software, but I never mastered it and the results were always dubious and never seemed to do exactly what I wanted. On the other hand, I have been using word processing since around the late 70s, so have opted to stick with what I know best.
Pulpmeister is offline   Reply With Quote