View Single Post
Old 09-27-2020, 06:13 AM   #2
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
I recently got a Nova 2, and one of the things I learned is the app button issue is actually the Boox software automatically optimizing the app and is the result of the "Whiten Apps Background" setting. If you long press on an app and click "optimize" and then uncheck that you'll be able to see the buttons because they'll be on the proper non-white or whatever background it's supposed to be. I put app optimization in the navigation ball so I can easily see what effect it has on apps and that's been useful to minimize the effects of page turn animations in apps like comixology.

And while the Poke's screen can crack, so can a Kindle Paperwhite's, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.

I've been very impressed with my Nova 2 so far. It's the first eInk device I've had that feels slow because of the screen and not because it's slow.

I haven't though been as impressed by NeoReader or other openish Android reading apps like Moon+. None seem to handle vertical writing for Japanese which is something Kobo's and Kindle's can do. Fortunately I can just run those apps but it's kinda mystifying they don't seem to have put ePub3 support into NeoReader or Moon+.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote