View Single Post
Old 09-20-2020, 11:38 AM   #54
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Audible is certainly the premier audiobook book store as far as selection goes. I imagine that my satisfaction with audible comes from the fact that I've got a grandfathered price plan that matches my preferred buying strategy, i.e. for $10 a year, I get no credits but can buy books at the membership prices. I had a $100/12 credits per year plan for my niece and nephew back when they were in middle school, but canceled it a few years ago when I noticed they weren't using it. I prefer not to worry about credits, but just buy as I go.

It's quite possible that Amazon will kill the golden goose by trying to squeeze the various audiobook companies, focus on more cheap generic audiobook content, rather than audio books that I want to hear and shoehorn customers into price plans that don't provide value . I'll be surprised if they do though.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote