Thread: New to forum
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
BillG
BillG
BillG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
New to forum

I have purchased a kindle2. Haven't received yet. A very nice lady was willing to let me handle hers and I was impressed. I have a lot to learn and she recommended this site and its forums as a place to start. In time, I'm sure, I will spend some money at Amazon and buy some books; but right now, I'm looking for free stuff -- so -- if you have any recommendations for me; I'm beginning my learning process.

By the by, I downloaded and installed Caliber. Nice program. Reading the news paper in Caliber's view was what convinced me to buy the Kindle. I rather liked reading the newspaper in the viewer.

I live in the Rocky Mountain area, outside of Denver Colorado. I have been reading the Rocky Mountain News for years. They recently went under. I sure do miss my Rocky each morning! (I don't want to subscribe to the Denver Post -- to liberal for me.) And that is the reason I started looking at the kindle. I didn't really even consider any others. Lack of knowledge more than anything else. (My poor wife... she heard about my desire for a kindle for weeks before I broke down and spent the money.)
BillG is offline   Reply With Quote