View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 12:31 PM   #9
TWHanson1
Enthusiast
TWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting WindowsTWHanson1 format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: PC
Thanks jhowell.

I never clicked on "Download & transfer via USB" because that's not what I want to do. These books are already on my Fire, I just can't get them to Calibre or even view them or make Calibre aware that they even exist.

I selected "Deliver" at the top of my Books-All list and selected "Device selected/ Thaddeous's Kindle for PC 2". "Nothing" in this context means that the books never showed up in my Kindle for PC app, nor did the Amazon site reflect that Kindle for PC contained any of the books.

Some people reported being able to transfer KFX format DRM protected books from Amazon/Manage Your Content by installing an earlier version of Kindle for PC, namely ver. 1.17.1. My hope was that I could then move the books to Calibre via Add Books. as I have done with other DRM protected books, and have Calibre remove DRM with its plugin, which has always worked in the past.

Ref: "Launch the Kindle for PC program and find the book in the library list within the program. Double click the cover image to download and open it." When I do this the Kindle for PC program shows no books to select.

"It will likely be in the new KFX format, simply download it from your manage my content page on amazon, which will give you a regular azw3 file you can add to calibre."
--- kovidgoyal 10-13-2015
I hope kovidgoyal is right and that I'm just doing something wrong. Otherwise Calibre has become totally useless for managing my library.
TWHanson1 is offline   Reply With Quote