View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:22 AM   #7
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWHanson1 View Post
I tried the solution you offered to KevinCoed and got nothing.
What do you mean by "nothing"? What happened when you selected the "Download & transfer via USB" for that book on Amazon's website?

(Note: Since you own a Fire tablet, if the book has DRM then the version you download this way will not be usable in calibre.)

Quote:
2. Further, I tried a workaround by delivering the Amazon books to my Kindle for PC app (Ver. 1.17.1). Never arrived.
Launch the Kindle for PC program and find the book in the library list within the program. Double click the cover image to download and open it.

Quote:
3. Fun fact: Windows Explorer seems to think my Kindle plugged into a USB port is a media device, i.e. I get a Windows Media Player popup window when I plug it in.
Connecting the device is not going to give you access to its books. Almost all books found on Fire devices will be in KFX format with DRM that cannot currently be removed.

Last edited by jhowell; 08-08-2020 at 11:38 AM.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote