View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 05:44 AM   #16
ndriver
ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.ndriver knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Kobo Glo; Kobo AuraHD; Kobo Aura One
After posting my last message, I also gave it a second look and found the content table. I also saw the information was there, ready to use...
Though for some reason my content table is really small, it has only the data for the last 30 days or so. Maybe I did something in the past that wiped it out.

With the hard part out-of-the-way and after Quoth's minimalist post questioning why not simply use Calibre, I decided to do just that.

In order to make all this work wirelessly, I use bash scripts that run in the Kobo device, which communicates through SSH to my little linux server that hosts Calibre.
The scripts are called by using the excellent NickelMenu, so everything is well-integrated in the Kobo main menu.

Next weekend I will try to implement some simple graphs, which will show how much was read in a specific week/month etc. These will have to be hosted outside Calibre of course.

The docker suggestion was so that everyone could deploy locally, in a safe and easy way, a SSH server and some web server.

But on second thought, I guess only the maniac people who are interested in stats will bother with this. A container is probably over complicating things for such small gains....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	stats.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	180677  

Last edited by ndriver; 07-16-2020 at 09:11 AM.
ndriver is offline   Reply With Quote