Old 07-09-2020, 07:12 PM   #8
rigogsilva
Enthusiast
rigogsilva doesn't litterrigogsilva doesn't litter

Device: kobo libra h20, kobo aura h20, kindle, boox nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaomcoelho View Post
Hello,
First of all congrats on your work! It is very similar to what we have on thekobonotes.

Since I am the developer of thekobonotes.com I have to just clarify "the security issue" that was addressed. When you upload your notes on our app, the .sqlite file is processed on the browser! We then only upload the data related to the annotations and highlights to the server so you can access them everywhere (including in our new mobile app). This way any sensitive data that is on the kobo sqlite file stays on your browser (on the client) and we do not have access and we do not store it in any way on our server. This was an important aspect that we addressed in our app for security reasons.

Again congrats on your work

All the best
Hey Joćo.

I spent a bit more time on your app. Looks great! I tried contacting you own facebook messenger to see if you guys were interested in working on this and ask if you are from Brasil (portugal). Or even add some of the features to your app, but that may not apply to kobonotes since what I am trying to create is not just for notes.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Yeah, the browser idea and not saving the whole db is great.

Checkout that facebook messenger message if you want to chat about this. The tech stack for what I used is: vue, vuex, js, aws dynamo db, aws lambda functions.
rigogsilva is offline   Reply With Quote