View Single Post
Old 10-03-2006, 02:13 AM   #7
bingle
Addict
bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.bingle has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim8fury
I used the free html to rtf software from http://htmltortf.com the one on the far right of the screen did the job fine. How it displays on the reader, I have yet to determine.
I used this software also. Using a font size of 18 makes for nice large readable text (the default is 10, which is readable but a little squinty. Somewhere in the middle might be a nicer balance...).

One downside is that the software doesn't seem to be able to handle smart quotes and m-dashes and things. I got some weird character sequences when converting Eastern Standard Tribe - a few quick Find and Replaces fixed it, though.

All in all, though, this software is really useful. Thanks for the link! I wish there were a few more options, and I wish I didn't have to browse for both input and output each time, but minor niggles. :-) I'm also going to try out BookDesigner and see how that conversion process goes.
bingle is offline   Reply With Quote