View Single Post
Old 06-23-2020, 06:48 AM   #9
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Sideloading bought comics to Kobo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rika24 View Post
It’s a CBZ file. I can’t even view the books in ADE. When I open them I only see the top part of the image and it never loads completely.

As davidfor already said, you can just add these to the Kobo. There’s no need for Calibre or ADE. Plug your Kobo into the USB port, wait for it to mount, then drag your CBZ and CBR files into the root directory. (On the Mac you just drag and drop the comics onto the desktop icon.) Then eject the Kobo, and watch the magic as your Kobo imports the files.

Comic Book Zip or Comic Book Rar files are just zip or rar archives given a spiffy extension. (For example, rename your .cbz file to .zip and you can unpack the archive into a folder with images. Same with .cbr.) ADE reads PDF files. It wouldn’t know what to do with zip or rar archives. So your solution is fairly simple. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote