View Single Post
Old 06-09-2020, 11:02 AM   #39
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
You're sure? There's not a longer pause after an h tag chapter-title is read before beginning the first paragraph of the chapter? And if there is... how does it know to pause longer if it's not the tag being used?
It's not noticeable to me but YMMV. I cannot personally detect any pause difference if the difference is measured in milliseconds. I don't have any problems with any of the apps I've used when they speak headings, <p> or <h?>.

My original point is more relevant when trying to detect a voice difference when text is wrapped in <i>, <em>, <b>, <strong> tags. I can't hear any difference. Perhaps this comment would have been better suited to that other recent thread discussing the merits of if/when you should use <em> rather than <i>, <strong> rather than <b>.

I don't test every TTS app with every voice every week. It's quite possible some apps have greatly improved their capabilities. In which case I'd love to hear about them. TTS is important to me and I'd like to use the 'best' available on Android.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote