View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 05:39 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Why? My feeling is, if a book I'm reading for entertainment isn't working as an audiobook, it's not worth the extra effort. Which is not to say that I don't sometimes check the text of the e-book (when available) to try to recall something or to verify a confusing/mangled word or phrase.

If I were fairly new to audiobooks, or if the book has a complex structure, lots of notes, etc., I might feel differently. But I expect a straightforward novel that I'm reading basically for pleasure to work as an audiobook, and if it doesn't, the e-book won't work for me either.
There are times when an audiobook doesn't work, but reading the book does work. If you come across a narrator you don't care for, then the audiobook may not work. One book we read for the book club didn't work as an eBook, but did work better as an audiobook.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote