View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 04:27 PM   #25
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
You know, that might have helped. I was listening as well, and I really had a hard time with it. It wasn't that the narration was bad, per se, but I just really found it hard to follow and stay engaged. Perhaps a re-read with the eBook is in order.
Why? My feeling is, if a book I'm reading for entertainment isn't working as an audiobook, it's not worth the extra effort. Which is not to say that I don't sometimes check the text of the e-book (when available) to try to recall something or to verify a confusing/mangled word or phrase.

If I were fairly new to audiobooks, or if the book has a complex structure, lots of notes, etc., I might feel differently. But I expect a straightforward novel that I'm reading basically for pleasure to work as an audiobook, and if it doesn't, the e-book won't work for me either.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote