View Single Post
Old 10-02-2006, 11:22 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STGR
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
Let's say there is a problem and I have to register the devices for the buyers
You'd have to have the devices phisically attached to your PC to register them, if I understood it correctly; I'm pretty sure I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekraver
can I download the e-books and e-mail them to the buyers for them to install, or do I have to have the readers physically attached to my PC? Hopefully the former in which case the buyers can safely take responsibility with the worst case being me e-mailing them the books they want.
The books download coded to the account, into the Connect Software on the downloading PC. I'm not sure you could get them out to email them -- I didn't try that. And they'd be encoded to the Reader(s) registered to the purchasing account, so they'd only play on that (those) Reader(s).

I'm pretty sure that your extra-U.S. buyers won't have any trouble registering their Readers or claiming their $50 credit, regardless of where they are. They just won't be able to buy anything with their own money unless they can somehow arrange a U.S. addressed credit card. Maybe make friends with a overseas-stationed U.S. Military person, or some other ex-patriot? That could get complicated, though....