View Single Post
Old 03-16-2009, 09:27 PM   #1
David J. Guyton
Connoisseur
David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David J. Guyton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Concerned about unfair amazon sales stats (Kindle)

I am an author concerned about my sales ranking on amazon.com (like many authors). The better your ranking, the more books you sell. I have been as low as #797....not too bad.

But now I see a flood of books from traditional publishers offered as Kindle versions for a PENNY, and many of them FREE. These free books are dominating the top spots and skewing the ranking system. Of course free books will sell better than mine at 99 cents. Amazon won't let me charge any less than that. I don't care about making money with it, I just want to get to as many readers as I can.

In my opinion, amazon needs to either exclude these books under 99 cents from the sales rankings, or allow ALL authors to offer their book for free.

This is totally unfair to independent authors. It is also unfair to millions of readers who might be buying or avoiding books based on the amazon sales ranks.

Last edited by David J. Guyton; 03-16-2009 at 09:30 PM.
David J. Guyton is offline   Reply With Quote