View Single Post
Old 02-14-2020, 12:07 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Raex-D: Yep, it's my understanding that whatever was happening here was anomalous, because the recovery's USB export option + initrd updater combo has never actually been seen deleting anything *on unplug*, ever.
Newer initrd updater *will* happily delete "invalid" (read: downgrade) updates on *boot*, though. But on USB unplug, nope, that's the OTA checker's prerogative.

What has been seen is the flash storage or the filesystem getting screwy behind your back.

Hence my comment: if the software didn't log a delete, yet the file disappeared, Gremlins be at work . (Or PEBCAK, or miscommunication).

It's also not entirely impossible that Amazon did end up updating the recovery menu to do just that, though, hence my other remark about not necessarily trusting the *main* software version.

No real way to get to the bottom of it with unreadable logs, though .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 02-14-2020 at 12:12 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote