View Single Post
Old 01-31-2020, 07:25 AM   #20
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterBomarc View Post
Thank you for the advice Compurandom. But I'd rather take a smaller capacity battery that reads correctly over a larger capacity battery that I never know what the actual charge is!
And I agree with that.

My point is that 1) a full discharge does hurt the battery (although maybe a small amount) and 2) multiple back to back full discharges to resync the chip are usually unnecessary and not harmless. Usually a single full charge cycle is sufficient.

Saying a full discharge is harmles is misinformation, I feel people should be aware of the consequences and make their own informed decision.

Last edited by compurandom; 01-31-2020 at 07:28 AM.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote