View Single Post
Old 01-26-2020, 11:23 PM   #60
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
This is a continuation of this thread ==>> Resizing covers

Firstly a housekeeping problem, I removed the version Narengil uploaded to post #39. I think its labelled version 1.04. If anyone has it could they upload it somewhere and PM me a link, I'd like to restore it until we get this issue resolved.

I've had a look at the experimental unofficial versions posted by Narengil and gingerbeardman and IMO none of them is a viable release candidate. They are not explicit as to which dimension has a fixed value and which is to be adjusted to maintain the original aspect ratio. If you leave the one you want adjusted as 0 that configuration will not be saved and no message is issued.

IMO what's needed is radio button triplet - fixed size, fixed width, fixed height. I don't know if Qt allows for such a thing in a table column, if not then they can be placed outside the list like the "proportional/non proportional" buttons shown in post #36.
The plugin works by resizing the current cover to the selected size. With the keep aspect ratio, it resizes the cover to fit within the selected size. Whether the height or width is used, depends on the relative aspect ratios of the image and the selected size. This feels like the right way to do it. The size selected is probably related to something else such as the resolution of an ereader. The resize is to fit the cover within that size.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote