View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 01:28 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
2.7 delayed and not worthwhile anyway?

I just saw the news at iRex forums...

i'm too mad right now to write a proper post, so I'll give you a copy and past of my post at the irex forums:
Quote:
Well...I'm sorry but i'll have to get a bit mad now...

Not that I mind the delay of 2.7 much...but the features...

Quote:
Herewith some information on the features that can be expected in 2.7:

Key lock: Lock and unlock keys using the toolbar
Key buffering: Optionally do not buffer keys during exection of a command
Improved Power Management: expected 5 to 10% additional battery life
Searh file: Search a file using part of the file name as search criteria
Rename function: A rename function to rename your files on your iLiad

The target release date for software release 2.7 is mid October

Excuse me if I sound impolite...but 5% to 10% increase in battery life...no way.

I just don't believe it.

I've been wating for the power-saving breakthrough ever since Henrycat got his device back in March (or was it even earlier?) and it has been announced for "the next release" ever since that time (though less frequently in the past 2 months...).
Now the increases are still hardly noticeable. I bought this device because I fell for the 10000+ PageTurns. This is the number I got from YOU, from iRex, after a direct question about battery-life back in April.

The other features are fine, searching will make some folks happy, keylock is OK, but without Power, you can't use the Iliad as it was intended to be used...How am I suppose to use a paper-like device in a paper-like way if I have to switch it on and off all the time (whch takes AGES!!!) because it will run out of juice after a few hours of doing nothing???

Please iRex, either get this fixed yourself or get somebody to do it for you. I've supported you and given you the benefit of the dobut for about half a year now, but sometime, even my faith ends, and that end is not far away right now!!!
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote