View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 04:19 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Make that section *flash* (i.e., -f) white before making your own new content flash.

That's easy for full-screen content (fbink -fc -> fbink -f -i blah.png).

Slightly trickier for regional content.

The standalone clear option (--cls) could probably use a setting to make it regional. It'd be in terms of absolute screen coordinates, though.

In the meantime, you could *probably* finagle a white rectangle out of the new TTF full padding option...

(Otherwise, yeah, feed it your own properly-sized white PNG ^^).

----

The easier, but less pleasing workaround, is to simply make your new content flash on top of whatever was there. It won't necessarily look any better (in fact, it can make certain patterns behave *worse*).

EDIT: If, for some reason, you're batching content, you will NOT want to do that, because flashing is slow. And annoying on small regions. And won't actually flash in some circumstances anyway. So multiple flashes in a short span of time == pain.

Enter the batching mode (-b)! Do everything you need w/ -b, then add an extra flashing refresh (-s) of the appropriate super-region when you're done. See KOReader's crash screen for a real-world example (where the region happens to be full-screen, so I don't need to do anything fancy to compute the englobing region of all preceding regions).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-12-2020 at 04:33 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote