View Single Post
Old 09-29-2006, 07:52 AM   #6
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note3, MBA, DVP11
As Alex said about being paid by Sony for posting - of course not. But my enthusiasm has obviously exploded exponentially based on playing with the actual device and reading on it. Mori is right on. I love it and it shows! It's the first e-ink device I've read on, and it's the only one so far in the U.S. that has the backing and infrastructure (including the store) that Sony offers. It's expensive, but affordable. It's a great size. And it's wonderful to use. I like the Sony team and their enthusiasm, I like the hardware, I love the screen, and I think it's the only e-ink device so far with a chance to work for mainstream readers. So I guess everyone will just have to accept my enthusiasm. But I think it's about the most exciting news to ever hit the e-book world!

And while the common and frequent complaints about DRM are completely valid, I stand by my belief that the Sony Reader is such a great reading experience that people will put up with the evils of DRM to get e-books for it. Will the world agree? I can't wait to find out!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote