View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 03:42 PM   #5
Tra Le Righe
Lettore incallito
Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tra Le Righe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
Kobos are great and I really like the way the software works. You can search your library or the book you are reading for a single word for example, set up collections, mark books read or unread (if you've read it to the last page it does so automatically), the screens are great, the lighting too, I really love the two Kobos I've owned (Aura 2014 and Aura One).

Or there is PocketBook. They are not tethered to any bookshop, but you can have them set up one for you. The software is a dream, very customizable and they do have some buttons for those who love them (I don't). Screen is perfect, lightning too, they do answer software wishes as far as it is possible and seems to be something more than one person would like to have. CS is a dream, at least here in Germany. They do work with the German library system, don't know if that is also true for Italy. ETA 300 ppi are the Touch HD 3 (6" screen) and the Inkpad 3/Inkpad 3 Pro (7.8" screen).

I've read good things about the Boyue Likebook Mars. Looks like a fun device to set up as the possiblities seem endless due to it being Android. Seems to be a bit on the heavy site though.
Thanks for the reply.
I read a few threads here on the forum and I saw some reviews on YouTube and I think that with both Kobo and PocketBook devices I should still be satisfied. So choosing according to pure aesthetic criterion I would be inclined towards the Kobo because they seem to me definitely more elegant.
But I have to decide if the price difference between the Form and the Libra H2O is valid. How many books in .epub format can be contained within 8 GB of memory, approximately?
Tra Le Righe is offline   Reply With Quote