View Single Post
Old 03-12-2009, 05:12 PM   #6
joobies
Addict
joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.joobies once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 1, Sony PRS-505
Meanwhile, I have been fussing with my SDHC Toshiba cards for days. Over-kill with the 16gb was the first day. Switched to 4gb and have not had success to date.
Here is what happens. I formatted the SDHC on the pc, while in the kindle. It will not complete the format. So, I tried it just in the Kindle and added content. Well, it worked up to a point.... then, the Kindle reported that it had 0 available space on the SD card and that was all she wrote. It was a 4gb card. I did not run out of space.... but I was loading over 100 books from Amazon account. On the next attempt, my books that were formatted Kindle now had Amazon formatting on the Content Manager page.... and the Kindle was doing nothing. Yes, the SD card still showed 0 available space. Tried repeated resets of all natures.... from the back of the device, from the menu after the settings with the flywheel and the alt,shift, R. All to no avail.
Does anyone have any success with the Toshiba SDHC cards? I got mine at Sams Club.
I am open to suggestions on how to make this work.... no, I have not tried Amazon as yet... thought I would first ask folks who may have some hands on experience with what I am trying to do. After all, the Kindle is a reading device and not a storage device. I just don't really want to go there with them. Thanks.
joobies is offline   Reply With Quote