View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 12:45 PM   #17
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
You can actually edit the send to so that your favored apps are first on the list. I've got it set up so that Marvin is the first app for epub books.
You can but there's no going around the new download manager in iPadOS/iOS 13. It has to download first, then you go to the downloads folder before you can use "Open in..."

On iOS 12, downloads load in the tab itself and from there, you can do direct transfer: "Open in Marvin" (or whatever app you last used to open the specific content type) and in my case, there's an extremely convenient "Save to Dropbox" option as well.

Frankly, I'm finding the updated Files app and file handling policies on iPadOS/iOS 13 more annoying than helpful. I transfer ebooks to Marvin via Dropbox. Normally, I'd browse AO3 on Safari and use "Save to Dropbox" to download EPUBs (so I get copies on my PC, too as well as easy access on other iOS devices) but on the latest iOS firmware, I've lost that very convenient direct link/option.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 10-31-2019 at 12:50 PM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote