View Single Post
Old 10-31-2019, 12:11 AM   #46
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
@JSWolf...

Quote:
"The thing I would do is make the images follow the image sizes for the width and let the height fall where is may to keep the aspect ratio correct. Test it in the current Kindle Previewer to see if it can be converted to KFX."
As I've already mentioned -- for an epub, if you want to upload to KF7, KF8 and KFX, then all your images will have to be either full-width or full-page images. Any other smaller image sizing will just give image problems in one or other of those formats. This problem also has nothing whatsoever to do with image aspect ratio.

Quote:
"I think KFX is a big mistake. I also think not allowing KF8 only eBook s is also a big mistake. There are things you cannot do in Mobi and if you have to do them and there's no way to them properly in Mobi, then don't have Mobi available."
I disagree. I think Kindle have done that for very delibrate reasons that no-one has worked out yet. I also think that their KFX mods aren't complete yet -- there's more to come. After all, they wouldn't implement such significant changes for KFX for no reason would they? And maybe all will become clearer once all their mods for KFX are complete. Of course, it doesn't help our understanding much when the documentation for these new changes is non-existent on the web.

Quote:
"Amazon is keeping things backwards in order to satisfy an outdated obsolete format. So publishers are doing stupid things in order for the eBook to work as Mobi. For example, using images of text that Mobi doesn't handle but ePub and KF8 do. "
Yeah, and what about KF8 format that Amazon has dumped?? With KF8 and KF7 at least we could format any sized image in our epubs. Now, we are only left with KF7 or KFX format and only have the option of full-page images or full width images or just suffer the consequences. That's a crappy choice for sure.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote