View Single Post
Old 10-27-2019, 11:12 AM   #12
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowsmile View Post
And, from what Hitch has already said, the only way you can successfully target your epub for all KF7 and KF8 devices without problems -- which would also include KF8 devices with KFX capability -- would seem to be by just formatting your epub as a dual mobi using kindlegen and uploading that to KDP. Have I got that part right?
Our belief at BN.biz is that this is right--but you should be able to upload the ePUB, or ePUB w/media queries, or as Jhowell says, Word file or Zipped HTML package, I believe, should result in the KF7, KF8 and the KFX, afaik. That's what our testing seems to indicate. I'll defer to jhowell's superior knowledge--he seems to do a LOTTA testing and honestly, we do what we can but obviously our primary focus is on delivering eBooks to our customers.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote