View Single Post
Old 10-26-2019, 11:42 PM   #8
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
[...] When KFX is not possible, due to an older device or using download & transfer via USB, MOBI7 format will be used instead. Amazon derives that from the KPF file.

No KF8 format is produced for these books as far as I can tell in my testing.
Holy crap, that sounds horrible!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Weeeeeealllll, kiddo, while ePUB4 would be nice, I seriously, seriously doubt that they're going to take features AWAY. Right?
lol, 3.2 acted like 3.1 never even existed.

If JSWolf had his way, EPUB4 would act like EPUB3 never existed (but that won't happen).

There's a lot of good things in EPUB3 (semantics, MathML), but a lot of bad things too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
The entire book will download as quickly as possible. The difference is that the customer can usually begin reading before it completes.
... and honestly, how often would this even happen? Aren't most ebooks only a few MBs?

Even in the case of a larger book (picture book, etc.), it would only help with extremely slow internet.

I guess people really want to read NOW NOW NOW! Instead of a few seconds from now.

Last edited by Tex2002ans; 10-26-2019 at 11:46 PM.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote