View Single Post
Old 10-16-2019, 11:53 AM   #4
Catsnkites
Connoisseur
Catsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipseCatsnkites can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Kobo Libre
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Easy, because it is a cat. Though, I would usually think they would tap you when they wanted the page turned.

That's the wrong version. In firmware version 4.2.8283 there were changes that meant that version of the nightmode stopped working. The correct version to use is linked in the post.

Or, follow @issybird's instructions. Kobo added some support, but, it isn't completely official.
I followed @issybird's instructions, and that works; however, I really liked the convenience of simply using the button to toggle on & off.

I know @davidfor said "in firmware version 4.2.8283 there were changes ...", but I have an earlier version ... 4.18.13737.

I did follow the instructions, however.

I went to the above post ... George Taulsan, dated 1-19-2017. I followed the link in that post to github.

Annnd ... there I got confused ... really, I DO have an extensive background in many computer aspects, but not this one!

I see where I can "find file", I see a link to an "installer" folder, and I see a link to the zip folder of build_13, which is the wrong file.

I went to the installer folder and downloaded the koboroot.tgz file.

I figured I'd better uninstall what was already there. I copied the koboroot.tgz file from the uninstaller directory under build_13 on my computer.

And ... ACK! It completely reset! Now it's asking me for a set-up language and how I want to set up ... I picked via computer and it wanted me to go to kobosetup.com. However, there is nothing on that webpage that will help me.

I backed out of everything and tried it with Wifi ... except both of my Wifi passwords won't work because the keyboard won't accept the letters "c", "f", or "r" in either lowercase or uppercase! I've tried everything!

What's up with that????

Should I change one of my passwords to not use those letters? Is there something else I can do???

HEEELLLLLLPPPPP!

What now????

Susie
Kansas
Catsnkites is offline   Reply With Quote