Thread: Sony DPT-RP1
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
spencerhealey
spencerhealey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Smile Sony DPT-RP1

Hello!!

I am on the brink of buying a DPT-RP1 but I have one question. Hopefully someone with some knowledge can enlighten me.

I am curious to know how highlights and annotations are saved on the DPT-RP1 and how they function AFTER exporting them back to my computer.

Here is what I mean: If I open a pdf on my computer using Adobe Pro DC, I can highlight and annotate, but at any point I can "hide" all these annotations or I can even search by these. I know that I can do something similar on the Sony DPT-RP1 where you can view all your highlights, but I am hoping to get the same functionality in Adobe AFTER exporting my highlighted/annotated document from the DPT-RP1.

I am afraid that all of these annotations and highlights will actually become part of the pdf. What I mean here is that they will open on the pdf but they will not be distinct from the pdf in any way. This would mean I couldn't "hide" them or "search" them. (hopefully this part makes sense)

Does anybody happen to know the answer to this?

Alternatively: If someone wanted to email me a random pdf document that they have marked up/highlighted on their DPT-RP1 it would be greatly appreciated! That way I could just see for myself (and my wife) that the device works as I hope. (My wife wants to make sure I will use this device before I buy it, and this is my greatest concern).

Email (if required): spencer.healey@my.wheaton.edu

Thanks in advance
spencerhealey is offline   Reply With Quote