View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 01:56 AM   #3
bean
Enthusiast
bean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of lightbean is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Aura HD
I got mine too, I plugged it into a ThinkPad Anniversary 25 which is very much like a T470 and it works as a monitor just fine. It also worked from the GTX 1060 eGPU I have. It comes with a very weird Y cable with a full size HDMI and a USB on one end and a mini (not micro!) HDMI on the other. Just plugging in the USB A and mini HDMI plugs charges the device, you can see this because then it's in tablet mode and there is in icon. It also works with a plain mini HDMI to HDMI cable as well. It's not clear whether a plain mini HDMI cable and a separate USB C cable charges or not because there's no icon (expected) and the LED doesn't seem to differ when in monitor or when in monitor + charge mode. Also the USB plug seems to be necessary because it's a touchscreen. Haven't tested that.

Dimensions are at https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=596434193296 208.7 x 135.8 x 9.3 mm. To compare , the Aura One is 195.1 × 138.5 × 6.9 mm, the Boox Nova is 196.3×137×7.7mm -- I believe these all use the same screen. The iPad Mini 5 is 203.2 × 134.8 × 6.1. I would guess most iPad Mini sleeves will fit as the difference is very small -- except those that need to "click".

The USB C implementation is broken as is customary: it only charges via USB A to USB C or non-PD USB C chargers. Use a USB C to micro USB + micro USB female to USB C adapter for the lightest cable to charge with any USB C charger. Sucks but not unusual.

Manual is at http://www.dasung.com/sta/zh_cn/Not-...t-eReader.html

Last edited by bean; 08-15-2019 at 05:48 PM.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote