View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 12:33 PM   #35
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Seems that software-wise the GL3 was a real failure. I haven't read so many bug reports about any other device. Certainly the GL Plus 2 doesn't have most of those bugs, including the home button lag. Strange why they bungled the GL3, by all accounts the earlier Nooks had pretty decent software.
I believe the GL3 problems stem from them partitioning the memory to only allow a small amount of sideloading (I believe originally, 5.5GB was reserved only for B&N content, only 2GB were available to sideload).

There was backlash and B&N fixed it. But what they actually did was fix it by swapping partitions. It was after that when you started seeing issues reported.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote