View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 03:00 PM   #6
MGlitch
Wizard
MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MGlitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Sage, Kobo Libra 2
I prefer this over the mod myself, but only barely.

Benefits of this method

1) it's faster on a sleep to draw the screen
2) it 100% of the time respects the orientation of the Kobo Forma (the mod does seem to randomly do this but I can not for the life of me figure out what makes it do so)
3) I imagine this will survive firmware updates without requiring any tinkering from frostschutz for who I know the mod is a bit of a side project and on the back burner to say nothing of the issues I know he's had of trying to fix issues on devices he doesn't have.

Cons of this method

1) It respects invert/night mode, which means you'll have to invert your image if you're going to use night mode and then exclusively use it. Or add an inverted option and cross your fingers you get the right one for the mode you're in. Personally I'm in night mode 99% of the time so this doesn't really affect me but it is an issue.

I don't use the info panel, so it not being there isn't a factor for me at all.
MGlitch is offline   Reply With Quote