View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 12:14 PM   #355
Ghitulescu
Fanatic
Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ghitulescu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
The T1 seems to be a lemon, just flakey.
I am not that sure.

T1 was my first eReader and is still in use. It still works as intended, even the dictionary look-up.

I admit, I never used it to browse the internet (A) nor to borrow/loan/download eBooks from online providers/vendors (B).

A - because the internet is full of hidden dangers, in particular for a device that hasn't been designed to be a browser.
One innocent example: imagine what happens with the rendering of an ePub with lots of formatting, fonts and pictures, when the working memory is filled with trash left there by the internet activities (commonly known as cache, cookies, temp data) - images will be loaded incompletely, the letters are not those needed, maybe rendering errors - who's gonna criticise himself when he can very well bash Sony and her faulted firmware?
There are also malicious examples.

B - I don't need these, I have my own sideloaded collection of books. ANd few modern books really deserve to be read.
Ghitulescu is offline   Reply With Quote