Thread: Clara HD Turn Clara into Kiosk Mode
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, binary patching .

Speaking of, a slightly less permanent approach could be to just patch out the EVIOCGRAB, and do that on your end, since I assume if you grab it, Nickel then gets the shaft (easy enough to double-check with two different evtest instances, the first one not grabbing, while the second one does. That does require Nickel to be down, since it currently does grab ;p).

I think @frostschutz has some experience with that, IIRC.

----

Otherwise, you could simply bypass Nickel, and boot into a custom app where you handle input as you see fit .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote