Thread: Text to speech
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2009, 12:33 PM   #6
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, KTSO, KFHD7, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelley View Post
Does anyone here care about text to speech mode, either for the mainstream players (kindle) or those made for people with low vision( Victor Reader Stream). Note that Kindle allows individual publishers to decide if they want to offer the text to speech option.

Thanks!
I don't personally have a need for TTS (at this time, who knows about the furture) but I like that it has been included in K2. I spend a great deal of time on the Amazon Forums and have seen numerous requests for this feature for folks with low vision problems and those with dyslexia who want to read and listen at the same time. I think it's more important that the TTS works on personal documents (as others have said an audiobook is much better to listen to than a TTS book).

I really like how Amazon is trying to bring accessibility to ebooks to more people.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote