View Single Post
Old 03-08-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Arrow Removing DRM from Sony Store books

I hope this isn't a sacrilege question!

How do I remove the DRM from ebooks bought from Sony store?

My situation:

I recently bought a PRS-700 and I'll be receiving it in about a week. It comes with 100 Sony free classics. I don't know what that means except that it's 100 ebooks that are likely DRM protected.

Because I'm on a Mac, I will run my Windows virtualisation program in order to get into the Sony bookstore. I can download the free books that way. However, I don't want to use Sony's book management software which is PC only because I use a Mac. I want to use Calibre or some other Mac program. Because of that, I want to know how I can remove the DRM protection so I can manage these 100 books plus future ebooks on my Sony PRS-700.

Thanks for the tips!
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote