View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #2
Rob557
Zealot
Rob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-booksRob557 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
RODJ, hopefully someone has some thoughts on how to get functionality out of the Vox in the context that the setup process blocks that functionality. The following are my related comments in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob557 View Post
Quote:
If a factory reset is performed after February 28 (2019), Kobo Vox will not exit the setup process.
May 12, 2019 - My VOX (obtained at a yard sale) has gone through a factory reset, and I'm trying to figure out how to make it functional. In the 2nd step in the setup process, it connects okay to my wifi then briefly checks (apparently unsuccessfully) to find software updates. In the 3rd step, I set the date and time. But in the 4th and final step when it tries to either locate (or create) my Kobo account, the VOX setup process stops with a "connection error" message, apparently because of a "web page not available" message for a website link that no longer exists (https://partner.kobobooks.com/ ...). Any thoughts how to get around the setup process and just use the basic functionality of the VOX as an e-reader/tablet?
As noted above, my circumstances are similar to yours. ....Rob557
Rob557 is offline   Reply With Quote