Thread: Can't connect
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 07:52 PM   #4
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Just to add to my other reply at http://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=383969 ...

When you connect your iLiad to your router, you have the choice to connect your iLiad to your computer (this is PC share) or to connect to iRex's iDS (for firmware updates and to download newspaper subscriptions to your iLiad - if you have any).

Companion software is only used with the USB cable connected between computer and iLiad. You may find the companion software useful when you've become more familiar with your iLiad. I got tired of waiting for the companion software backup to finish every time I connected my iLiad to my PC - especially when I started exporting files to my 4GB CF card (rather than internal memory) and that got backed up to my PC every time!

Please don't let the complex connection details detract you too much from the wonderful reading experience you should be having with your iLiad!
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote