View Single Post
Old 03-07-2009, 12:38 PM   #10
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FooSoft View Post
It would be interesting to figure out exactly what colors are native to the Kindle native display. I can do some testing with the Kindle 1, would be nice if someone did the same for Kindle 2, since I don't have one. That could trim file size down a bit. I'm also adding optional JPEG output to the next version of Mangle, that should help alleviate some storage issues on the space-starved Kindle 2
I used a 256-shades of grey test pattern to find out. And then took a screen shot of it on my K2.

Kind of obviously, the palette ends up being #000000, #111111, #222222 ... #ffffff

Not so obviously, only 15 shades of grey are rendered (both on the K2, and in the screen shot image). For whatever reason there's no #eeeeee. And if I make a 16 color image, again only 15 are rendered.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TESTPATTERN6.png
Views:	230
Size:	3.7 KB
ID:	25176   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-54026.gif
Views:	252
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	25177  
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote