View Single Post
Old 04-09-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
leebase
Karma Kameleon
leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leebase ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPhone X, Kindle Fire Tab HD 8, Walmart Onn
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Apple does not write the apps like FBReader Plus.
Yes...I'm not sure that wasn't already universally understood. FBReader Plus is the ONE app I like who's developer HAS developed for both iOS and Android.

It's not my favorite reading app, but it covers the bases most important to me:

1. Has a cloud sync and storage of ebooks
2. Book management has Author, Title and SERIES! The series one not always found in book apps.
3. I can change the lighting with a swipe up/down on the screen without having to go to a menu option (loved that since way back in the Stanza days)
4. I can configure the forward back taps...left and right are both "forward" for me
5. Configurable backgrounds/text/fonts. A little on the geeky side here verses giving you some "prebuilt themes" to work from. Still, you can get what you want.

And for cross platform...the sync works just fine.

I haven't tested it's ability to connect to online free book sources....something I really like about Marvin.
leebase is offline   Reply With Quote