View Single Post
Old 03-15-2019, 11:33 AM   #3
oldyellr
Evangelist
oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.oldyellr is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kobo Vox, Amazon Fire 7
Well something crazy happened with my Kobo Vox last night. I went to turn it on from sleep mode to resume reading a book and it apparently went into factory reset mode. It downloaded an update which would be many years old by now and then went into a perpetual loop saying there was not enough space on the SD card. I figured it was now virtually bricked and I'd have to upgrade to a new reader. According to that last email,
"If a factory reset is performed after February 28, Kobo Vox will not exit the setup process." That's sure what it looked like. This morning, thinking it all might have been a bad dream, I tried to start it again. Same thing, welcome screen like it was brand new, downloaded "update" and went into the same loop. I then tried connecting to a better wifi source and it completed and installed the update and restarted. I now have "brand new" Vox with all the native apps and some books I had in my Kobo library, but none of the books I was reading or apps I had installed myself. Have to start from scratch, but at least it's working.
oldyellr is offline   Reply With Quote