View Single Post
Old 09-18-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
branko
Connoisseur
branko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enoughbranko will become famous soon enough

Device: Palm Zire
"I'm not sure what ManyBook's policies are with respect to submissions, but I do know that if this work is invested into creation of e-books, the results deserve to be shared with all!"

Manybooks is actively on the look-out for submission, but I am not sure they accept what PG would call "". Manybooks uses automatic conversion to produce many formats, and I am not sure manual conversions somehow fit into that process. I have already told Matthew McClintock that this is a shame, because his HTML versions of PG's e-texts are conversions from the TXT format, whereas PG often has beautiful and rich HTML versions.

The question you raise is a good one, though.

The Internet Archive will accept submissions in its Open Source Books section. Perhaps that would be a good spot to post beautified public domain e-books.

What do you think; would some kind of editing process be benificial, or would TIA's rating system be good enough to separate the good from the bad?

Perhaps the Mobileread wiki could be used to keep track of which versions are available at TIA?
branko is offline   Reply With Quote