Old 02-14-2019, 11:37 AM   #7
Incanus
Incanus
Incanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litterIncanus doesn't litter

Device: Boyue Likebook T80D
Smile Reviewing Onyx Boox Darwin 5 or 6 From Poke

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
I don't know if there is a design resemblance between the C67 and the new Poke, but CPU and Android experience might be most comparable between the Darwin and the Poke it seems, as both have the quad core CPU and android 4.4 (I'm talking about the Poke, not the Poke Pro, which is on Android 6).
So if you can find any reviews for that, this could give you a reasonable for the software experience (barring any issues concerning the Russian localisation that the Darwin might have). For the design/handling side of things, the C67 might then indeed be the closest if Poke and C67 have significant differences.
Good to know. My thanks! As for the localisation, I've been making other inquiries and both Darwin 5 and 6 can be localized to a plethora of languages through normal configuration options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by franzli View Post
Personally, if I were to look for a 6 inch android e-reader, I'd probably wait for the Poke Pro (or the corresponding Russian version) is available to have at least a slightly more modern OS version.
I don't know: Poke Pro has "merely" 16Gb for media storage and I use a uSD 32Gb card for that... which the Poke Pro got no slot to insert and read; it also has 2500mAh battery, but a very good 2Gb RAM.

There doesn't seem to be a "russian" version of 6 inch android 6 e-reader: they also have the Poke Pro for that segment.

[INCANUS]
Incanus is offline   Reply With Quote