View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 04:12 PM   #13
barbiedolphin
barbiedolphin is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
It is not that complicated , especially for older Kindle models like Kindle 4... even less so if you would use Kubrick to do the jailbreaking step while restoring firmware 4.1.1 on your Kindle.

The main thing that could possible need to be updated is "jailbreak bridge" (I'm just guessing since I've never owned Kindle 4 nor did I use Kubrick since it doesn't support newer Kindle models), before updating firmware to the newest available (4.1.3 ?) . To insure survivals of jailbreak certificate.

Once you have jaibreak (and MKK) on your Kindle adding KoReader is basically couple of simple steps:

1) download KUAL arhive > unpack somewhere on you PC> connect you Kindle via USB cable, copy " KUAL-KDK-1.0.azw2" file to your Kindle driveinto /documents folder (were you transfer normal book files when "sideloading"). KUAL is a "kindlet" which is a special type of "book".
2) download correct KoReader archive from Github page, unpack it onto you Kindle drive
3) run KUAL and use it to start/launch KoReader
It worked, thankfully the default Kindle OS and KUAL were already installed alongside Duokan, so all I had to do was extract the github zip into the main directory and run KUAL.
I thought I'd need to run Linux in a VM and figure out how to install like 500 dependencies, wew...
barbiedolphin is offline   Reply With Quote