View Single Post
Old 01-23-2019, 08:22 PM   #17
asleyam
Enthusiast
asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.asleyam is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle voyage, Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma2k View Post
I converted an epub file to pdf with the newest version of calibre (on MacOS Mojave) but still got the same "old" results: when I try to copy some text from the converted .pdf I get a blank string. (I can highlight the text normally in preview or skim app).

Is there a new setting in calibre to activate (or a plugin) so one is able to copy the selected text within the preview/ skim app (without getting a blank string)?

In ebook-viewer copy/paste work without a problem but not in the preview & skim apps.
There is a princepdf plugin for calibre but I think its only for the windows version.
I use MacOS so I run the Sigil Princepdf plugin and have multiple copies of it installed, with each one set to different pdf formatting.
Conversions in Sigil using Prince have no issues with copying text or search in Preview .
asleyam is offline   Reply With Quote