Originally Posted by pilotdrh2003
Well I figured I'd give this a try,copied the bin file to the root of my Kindle. Ejected the Kindle. Update grayed out...hmmmm. Reconnected to my computer. Bin file is gone. I did this several times. Tried turning K2 off, putting it to sleep, etc. The bin file always disappeared. If I copied it to the system folder it doesn't disappear.
Yeah, I've learned more since then. :-)
The files I uploaded will work for version 2.0, but not if you're already at 2.0.1, I'm trying to experiment with the headers to allow for any initial version, so I don't have to recode each one with the current version number -- like was possible on the K1.